Getting Started In Real Estate Investing Articles
Working with new investors is something I have done for years. I remember many years back when a new investor walked into my office and said: “I want you to teach me everything there is to know about investing in real estate”. I of course chuckled as I thought, surely he was joking as it takes weeks, months and even years to learn everything and quite honestly you never learn it all, but his face remained very serious. He was serious about getting started and wanted to be a serious and successful investor.
In short I helped him buy his first few properties and he went on to being a successful real estate investor who actually started his own investment business.
He was able to do this as he was purposeful with a hand written goals and he knew exactly what his end game was to be. He followed all the advice given to him by myself and the attorneys, accountants and professionals who have learned the right from the wrong, those things that are effective and those that are ineffective. His most valuable lesson was that you do not have to reinvent the wheel. Simply duplicate what works...
1. He got focused
2. He got financing lined up
3. He got his legal structure set up (his LLC)
4. He did his location due diligence to understand which area would give him his best results
5. He built his Power Team (his Realtors, attorneys, accountants and tradesman who all worked to help him with his common goal)
6. He did his property due diligence
7. He bought property and then duplicated the process
Working with this gentlemen and seeing him go from a new investor to actually opening a real estate investing company was very fulfilling for both of us. I have since written thousands of post with this gentlemen’s first words in mind “teach me everything there is to know about investing in real estate”.